Review the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) core healthcare competencies. Select ONE of the competencies that you will work on for developing a Leadership SMART Goal. You are to select one of the following competencies for YOUR SMART goal.
A. Managing Patient-Centered Care
B. Working in Interdisciplinary and/or Working in Interprofessional Teams (working in Interprofessional Teams is the one I choose for you the WRITER for develop and write for me).
1. Create ONE leadership goal that is in the SMART goal format.
S – Specific (Who besides YOU is involved in the goal, what is YOUR goal, where will it take place?)
M – Measurable (How are YOU going to achieve the goal?) Be specific with measureable outcomes.
A – Attainable (What resources and/or experts are available to assist YOU with attaining YOUR goal?)
R – Realistic (Is YOUR goal something that is realistically obtainable in YOUR professional practice?) Be specific.
T – Time bound (What specific dates or weeks will YOU accomplish each task related to your leadership goal?)
– Example NOT in SMART format: I will learn how to be a manager. This goal is lofty, not measurable, and unattainable in the time allotted, probably not realistic, and not time bound.
– Example in SMART Format: I will learn the disciplinary process of an employee who has excessive absences, by locating the organization’s attendance policy and meeting with the unit manager, reviewing peer-reviewed articles and credible websites to obtain information on the disciplinary process by Week 4 (or specified date).
Note: This particular example relates to Core Competency: Managing Patient-Centered Care.
This example is a SMART goal that is Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound.
o Who- Your name, or I Indicate others who may be involved.
o What- Learn the disciplinary process of employees who have excessive absences
o Where- Your organization
o How: Through locating the organization’s attendance policy and passing a quiz on the content of the policy.
o Resources and/or Expert: Meeting with the unit manager, reviewing peer-reviewed articles, and credible websites
o Realistically obtainable: Access to the organization, policies, and unit manager. Various resources are available.
o Specific dates: By Week 4 (or specific date)
2. Search the databases to locate scholarly articles (within the last 10 years) related to your SMART goal. Also, search for credible websites to gain insight into how to accomplish your goal.
3. Construct a plan of action to reach My Leadership SMART goal. Be specific by creating a timeline of when you plan on doing each action; explain how, when, and where you plan to communicate with an expert; and identify specific resources you will use to help you achieve your goal.
a. Example Plan of Action for above mentioned example:
o Seek approval to review the organization’s policies and schedule a meeting/interview with the unit manager by _____ (fill in date).
o Review the policies on disciplinary action by _____ (fill in date).
o Review the American Nurses Association website and peer-reviewed articles in the American Journal of Nursing and Journal of Advanced Nursing by _____ (fill in date).
o Evaluate the findings from the above resources by _____ (fill in date). Pass the quiz.
4. Write a scholarly paper that follows APA formatting guidelines. Organize your content logically and express your thoughts clearly. Use appropriate headers to separate sections of your paper. Check for any grammar or spelling errors before submission.
5. Submit your completed NR 447 My Leadership SMART Goal paper, which should be approximately six pages (excluding title page and references) to the Week 4 My Leadership SMART Goal Paper Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 4.
1. When you are locating research scholarly articles, you should focus on why you chose your specific SMART goal – NOT the purpose of a SMART goal.
2. Make sure you follow APA format.
3. It is wonderful to increase the quality of patient in your unit but as you explain your quality improvement, make sure your SMART goal is about your professional development.
4. I have listed approximate length for each section, your sections may be longer or shorter but the paper should be around 6 pages. You should NOT go over the 6 page limit. The title page and reference page are not counted in the required 6 pages.
5. Acceptable TurnItIn Draft should be a 24% or less Originality Index/Similarity Index.
6. Following this outline will assist you with meeting the grading criteria.
I. Introduction Paragraph – Discuss the Institute of Medicine (IOM) competency that you chose – You have to choose between how you want to develop YOUR PERSONAL skills in providing patient centered care or working with interdisciplinary teams – (1 page)
II. Discuss your SMART goal in detail using the SMART goal format- (you may insert the table format if you used it in the Week 3 TD post – (1 page)
III. Discuss the 2 scholarly articles (within the last ten years) and the 2 credible websites that you located that relate to your SMART goal (DO NOT use articles about creating a SMART goal) Thoroughly summarize each article and discuss the content available on the websites – (1 page)
IV. Construct a detailed plan of action for achieving the SMART goal. Create a timeline that explains how the plan will unfold. (This could be a daily, weekly or monthly timeline with goals to complete each part of the plan. By week 1, in 2 weeks, etc.) Fully describes how chosen scholarly resources (articles and websites) provide insight into achieving the goal. Discusses measurement outcomes in detail – (2 pages)
V. Conclusion Paragraph – Summarize your paper – what you learned, etc. – (1 page)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more